The Heart of Health Equity Ep. 1 – Dr. Lauren Powell, PhD, MPA
Our Director of Strategic Communications, Ashlei A. Rodgers, MPH, interviews Dr. Lauren Powell, PhD, MPA of The Equitist and Takeda Pharmaceutical. The interview includes candid conversations about public health issues including the COVID-19 response, systemic racism, health literacy, social justice, and what the pharmaceutical industry is doing to be more equitable.
Dr. Powell’s Reading Recommendations:
- Dr.Camara Phyllis Jones, MD, PhD, MPH – https://www.urban.org/policy-centers/cross-center-initiatives/social-determinants-health/projects/dr-camara-jones-explains-cliff-good-health
- James Baldwin – https://www.thriftbooks.com/a/james-baldwin/197572/
- Malcom X – https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/17435.Malcolm_X
- W.E.B Dubois – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/contributor/w-e-b-du-bois/_/N-2koj
- Ta-Nehisi Coates – The Atlantic “The Case for Reparations” – https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/