The Heart Of Health Equity Ep. 6 – Lupe Arreola
In this latest episode, host Ashlei A. Rodgers, MPH interviews Lupe Arreola, Executive Director of Tenants Together. Hear their candid conversation on how the organization’s fighting for tenants rights, the impact of gentrification in the Bay Area, the importance of practicing self-care as a leader of a community based organization, and how we all can do our part to address housing insecurity.
Lupe’s Reading Recommendations
1. Carving out the Commons: Tenant Organizing and Housing Cooperatives in Washington, D.C., by Amanda Huron
2. Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
3. Patriarchy and Accumulation On A World Scale, by Maria Mies
5. The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America by Richard Rothstein
6. Tales of Two Americas: Stories of Inequity in a Divided Nation edited by John Freeman
7. All About Love: New Visions, by bell hooks
8. The Body Keeps the Score, by Bessel van der Kolk.