Saturday, May 20
The Rising Tide of Digital Health: Navigating the Risks and Rewards for Health Equity
Technology is transforming the healthcare sector at breakneck speed. As new platforms and data tools move to the frontlines of individual care as well as community health, the stakes have never been higher for ensuring market-driven innovation isn’t simply adding speed and scale to existing health disparities – ultimately doing more harm than good.
In this virtual breakfast presented by Health Leads’ Massachusetts Advisory Council, experts working in MA and across the country shared strategies for navigating these risks and fully unleashing digital health’s potential to empower communities and advance equity.
- Travis McCready, MAC Co-Chair & Executive Director, US Life Science Markets (moderator)
- Julie Wang, Director of Innovative Partnerships, Health Leads
- Katie Fearon, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner & Clinical Informatics Specialist at Lowell Community Health Center
- Padma Sastry, Director of Digital Transformation at Lowell Community Health Center
- Rey Faustino, Interim CEO, Alluma and Founder, One Degree
- Aziza Musa, Vice President, Business Partnerships and Investor Relations, Health Leads
Watch CRN Video
Read our response to a White House request for input on digital technology and health equity. We share what to avoid when individuals and institutions leverage digital technologies to improve community health, as well as ways to build consensus and align on what to promote.
About the Massachusetts Advisory Council
The Massachusetts Advisory Council provides support for the work and mission of Health Leads in addressing the social determinants of health and other challenges to health equity in all communities across the Bay State. The Council is a cohort of qualified and actively engaged cultural, health, business, community, and thought leaders who share a vision of health, well-being, and dignity for every person in every community in the Commonwealth.
Massachusetts Advisory Council Co-Chairs
Travis McCready | Executive Director, US Life Science Markets, Jones Lang LaSalle
Susan Donahue | Former Chair, Health Leads
Michael Blau | Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP & Former Chair, Health Leads
Sharon McNally | CEO Camp Harborview Foundation & CS, Connors Family Office