Torrey K. Young
Torrey K. Young is a health care lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP and a member of the firm’s Health Care Industry Team and the Government Enforcement Defense & Investigation Practice. She provides health care regulatory compliance advice, investigation defense counseling, and strategic planning for financial arrangements for many types of providers, including hospitals and health systems, academic medical centers, laboratories, home health agencies, hospices, urgent care providers, telehealth companies, and DMEPOS suppliers.
Torrey has significant experience conducting internal investigations, responding to False Claims Act claims, providing fraud and abuse analyses, and advising on Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement issues. She also implements compliance programs and assesses their effectiveness, as well as counsels clients on clinical research, research misconduct, and grants administration. She has appeared in publications such as Science, Compliance Today, JD Supra, Federal News Radio, and Bloomberg Law.
- JD from Georgetown University Law Center
- MPH from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health with a certificate in bioethics and health policy
- BS from Emory University
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® lists (2013 – 2019)
- Harvard Business School’s Young American Leaders Program in 2019.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s 2018 class of Pathfinders
- Member of the Year award from Tomorrow’s Women Today
- “That ‘Hot’ Research Project May Land Your Lab In Hot Water,” HCCA Compliance Today (November 3, 2018)
- “Viscosupplement Enforcement – Provider Pain Points,” Bloomberg Law (July 27, 2018)
- “Anatomy of a Self-Disclosure: From Concern, to Disclosure, to Closure, and Everything In Between,” Association for Corporate Counsel Webcast (May 17, 2017)