Gary Cohen brings an extensive background in coalition building and social enterprise to Health Leads. As President and Executive Director of Health Care Without Harm (HCWH), Gary Cohen leads an international coalition of organizations and partners in 50 countries working to reform the environmental practices of the healthcare industry. By assisting healthcare organizations in understanding the links between a healthy environment and a healthy people, HCWH continues to work toward a goal of preventing disease and illness.
Prior to co-founding HCWH, Gary founded and served as director of the Environmental Health Fund, an international non-profit incubator of innovative ideas, building strategic coalitions responsible for international and national chemicals policy campaigns.
- Post Graduate Work in South Asian Studies at University of California, Berkeley
- BA in Philosophy from Clark UniversityBoard Affiliations
- International Advisory Board of the Sambhavna Clinic and Documentation Center
- Skoll Global Award for Social Entrepreneurship
- Frank Hatch Award for Enlightened Public Service Award
- Champion for Change for Climate Change and Public Health