01.22.2021 | Health Leads
The COVID-19 crisis has sparked advocacy efforts across the nation. Organizations and communities are taking action to demand not only immediate relief but long-term solutions to our most pressing social injustices.
We are proud to support the following efforts driving progress in racial equity, access to essential resources, caregiver and community health worker rights, data integrity and integration, and countless other issues that have gone unaddressed for far too long.
- Preserve and Protect the Integrity of COVID-19 Data
- Equitable Reopening for Black and Latinx communities in the State of Massachusetts
- Community-Based Workforce Principles for Contact Tracing
- Moratorium on Eviction and Foreclosures in the State of Massachusetts
- Collective Response to the COVID-19 Impact on African Americans and other Priority Populations
- Prioritizing the importance of CHWs in the COVID-19 Crisis Response
- Safe Reopening in the State of Massachusetts
- Housing Stability in the State of California
- Increase Direct Aid to States to Meet Critical Health Needs
- Open Letter to Governor Charlie Baker Regarding Safe Opening of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Black Mamas Matter Alliance: Statement on ICE Coerced Hysterectomies
- Addressing the “SNAP Gap” in Massachusetts
- New York Covid-19 Food Coalition Policy Platform
Latest Blog Posts
10.27.2020 | Health Leads
Racial equity-focused non-profit expands COVID-19 relief projects and drives toward long-term systemic change BOSTON and OAKLAND – Health equity-focused non-profit Health Leads today announced its commitment ...
10.26.2020 | Health Leads
According to recent polls, only 58% of the U.S. population would get vaccinated as soon as a COVID-19 vaccine becomes available. But as millions of dollars are invested in developing a safe and effective vaccine, the development and distribution strategies proposed in the U.S. lack a clear focus on racial health equity and clear coordination among federal, state, tribal and other local levels. We have co-created a set of guiding principles designed to ensure Black, Latinx, Native and other communities of color and those most susceptible to COVID-19 have access and opportunity to receive safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines when they become available. Sign on, share your feedback, and join the effort to build a coordinated, equity-centered COVID-19 vaccine strategy.
Bay Area Regional Health Inequities Initiative: Fostering Community-Driven Change During COVID-19 and Beyond
09.14.2020 | Health Leads
We recently spoke with Melissa Jones, Executive Director of the Bay Area Regional Health Inequities Initiative (BARHII), to learn how her community has mobilized to meet the challenges of our new reality head on. We talked through what it means to build effective collaboration structures, push forward policy changes, and address the inequities that have been made more apparent than ever.
08.26.2020 | Health Leads
In this podcast episode of Rightnowish, our very own Chief Clinical Officer Damon Francis discusses his work on the front lines and offers advice for healthy living during COVID-19.