01.22.2021 | Health Leads
The COVID-19 crisis has sparked advocacy efforts across the nation. Organizations and communities are taking action to demand not only immediate relief but long-term solutions to our most pressing social injustices.
We are proud to support the following efforts driving progress in racial equity, access to essential resources, caregiver and community health worker rights, data integrity and integration, and countless other issues that have gone unaddressed for far too long.
- Preserve and Protect the Integrity of COVID-19 Data
- Equitable Reopening for Black and Latinx communities in the State of Massachusetts
- Community-Based Workforce Principles for Contact Tracing
- Moratorium on Eviction and Foreclosures in the State of Massachusetts
- Collective Response to the COVID-19 Impact on African Americans and other Priority Populations
- Prioritizing the importance of CHWs in the COVID-19 Crisis Response
- Safe Reopening in the State of Massachusetts
- Housing Stability in the State of California
- Increase Direct Aid to States to Meet Critical Health Needs
- Open Letter to Governor Charlie Baker Regarding Safe Opening of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Black Mamas Matter Alliance: Statement on ICE Coerced Hysterectomies
- Addressing the “SNAP Gap” in Massachusetts
- New York Covid-19 Food Coalition Policy Platform
Latest Blog Posts
12.07.2020 | Health Leads
Join leaders from a range of health equity-focused organizations who will present case examples and share recommendations for COVID-19 vaccination plans, partnerships and processes to improve access, build trust, and invest resources for underserved communities.
11.18.2020 | Damon Francis MD
As we work to to flatten the next COVID-19 curve – the increased demand for essential resources like food, housing and income supports – it is critical that we lean on data to inform the path forward. In this post written with several of our Bay Area partners, we review various data sources to show how social services systems have been impacted by the pandemic and discuss the power of harnessing data in partnership with community input to shape interventions.
11.17.2020 | Health Leads
The outcome of this election may open doors and opportunities for much-needed progress toward racial equity, and we have put important, productive miles behind us over the past four years. But undoing years of systemic racism that impacts everyone’s health is multi-generational work. We hope you can take the time you need to recover and recommit ourselves to the fight for health, dignity and well-being.
11.12.2020 | Health Leads
Our VP of Health Equity & Stakeholder Engagement Tene Franklin was featured on NBC in Nashville promoting our principles for equitable COVID-19 vaccine development and distribution, created to authentically engage communities to address vaccine hesitancy and increase vaccine acceptance and access.